Re: implicit declaration for strptime

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: implicit declaration for strptime
Date: 03 Dec 1999 15:39:00 -0800

LRA> We're trying to implement your approach for handling dates with
LRA> the C time format.  When I'm compiling our wrapper object that
LRA> handles dates, on NT, I get a fatal warning that there's an
LRA> implicit declaration for the function strptime.

It isn't there at all in Cygwin.¹  strptime is an XPG (X/Open
Portability Guide) feature that isn't available everywhere yet.

LRA> We included time.h; it works in Swarm in Linux, but not in
LRA> vanilla ObjC in Linux... We can't figure out where this thing is
LRA> defined.

Probably what is happening is that Swarm is setting _GNU_SOURCE which
provides the XPG features that you wouldn't otherwise get with vanilla ObjC.

¹ strptime was Benedikt's suggestion.  ;-)