Re: TestControlPanel.java now archived (was Re: Simulation order

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: TestControlPanel.java now archived (was Re: Simulation order
Date: 20 Dec 1999 15:25:01 -0800

PJ> 1. Where does "this" get initialized/defined?  [..] Is that a Java thing?

`this' is like `self' in Objective C.  (You get it automatically.)

PJ> I first tried to save it under an arbitrary file name, but the
PJ> compiler forced me to call it TestControlPanel.java.

Yep, Public classes are associated with files of the same name.

PJ> I notice a class file (TestControlPanel$Agent.class) pops out for
PJ> which there is no corresponding java file.

..and inner classes extend this convention by appending suffixes like you
illustrate.

These relationships make it easier for applications (e.g. Java IDEs) to
manage projects.