Re: ole add-in

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: ole add-in
Date: 03 Jan 2000 09:45:23 -0800

KLB> Does anyone know if there is an ole add-in to gcc for windows? We
KLB> have found vague references to it, but nothing specific.

Java and the Microsoft Java virtual machine will make this much easier.
For example, at http://www.santafe.edu/~mgd/anlchicago.html, there's
an example of a Swarm Java model communicating with Excel via OLE.

Otherwise, the only free software project I know of that uses COM is
OSkit from the University of Utah:
http://www.cs.utah.edu/projects/flux.  Otherwise, last I heard, the
COM extensions for gcc/g++ with Cygwin were not usable.  There may be a DCOM
implementation that can be used as a C library, but I doubt there is anything
integrated with Objective C.