NT install followup

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: NT install followup
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:14:01 -0600

I installed swarm and cygnus as the administrator on NT and I made the
environment changes for a user that are needed (as we wrote down in
SwarmOnlineFaq) some time ago.

Now I'm teaching and students are wanting help with NT, and I hardly
ever use it. One question has me stumped.  When a cygnus shell or swarm
terminal starts up for any user, the shell prompt says the

address@hidden []$

rather than the user name.  If the user does "su username" then the
prompt seems to break, becomming:

address@hidden

What's up with that?

I also found a problem I'd not noticed previously.  WHen I install as
admin, the users do not get the entry in their start menus, I just
copied it by hand into the start menu for all users and then the swarm
terminal shows up for everybody.

Paul Johnson