Install problem in Win95

From: Charles Staelin
Subject: Install problem in Win95
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 15:45:55 -0500

I am trying to install the newest version of Swarm for Win95
from swarm-2_0_1.exe.  I have CygWin b20 installed, and it
works.  During the Swarm install process I get the "Severe"
error  "Failed simple install rename" and the install
process quits.  At that time, the installer seems to be
working on c:\bin\sh.exe.

I've tried to do the installation with CygWin's sh.exe in
c:\bin, with an empty c:\bin, and with no c:\bin at all.  I
get the same error no matter what.

I've checked the FAQ but haven't seen this problem referred
to.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Charles

Charles Staelin                email: address@hidden
Department of Economics
Smith College                  phone: (413) 585-3621
Northampton, MA 01063            fax: (413) 585-3393