jheatbugs error

From: Charles Staelin
Subject: jheatbugs error
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 15:27:05 -0500

I am beginning to experiment with Java and downloaded
jheatbugs to try out Swarm with Java.  I'm running Swarm
2.0.1 under Windows and I downloaded and installed the
latest swarm.jar, swarm.dll and javaswarm.dll.  jheatbugs
compiles just fine - no errors, but when I javaswarm
StartHeatbugs I get the following link error.

//Hannah/.../jheatbugs-1999-12-27 $ javaswarm StartHeatbugs
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to locate native
function:       swarm/de
fobj/FArgumentsCImpl.create$setSelector$setJavaFlag(Ljava/la
ng/Object;Lswarm/Sel
ector;Z)Ljava/lang/Object;
        at
HeatbugModelSwarm.buildActions(HeatbugModelSwarm.java:293)
        at
HeatbugObserverSwarm.buildActions(HeatbugObserverSwarm.java:
301)
        at StartHeatbugs.main(StartHeatbugs.java:29)
//Hannah/.../jheatbugs-1999-12-27 $

I assume that some library is not being found?  CLASSPATH
was set to point to swarm.jar.

Any suggestions?

Also, I see from Paul's FAQ that one can use the Sun JDK
rather than Kaffe by making the changes noted in the FAQ.
Are there any advantages or disadvantages of the Sun JDK (or
IBM's or any ohter) over Kaffe?

Thanks
Charles Staelin

Charles Staelin                email: address@hidden
Department of Economics
Smith College                  phone: (413) 585-3621
Northampton, MA 01063            fax: (413) 585-3393