How do I compile stand-alone Swarm programs?

From: Konrad Richter
Subject: How do I compile stand-alone Swarm programs?
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:52:08 +0100

Hi, everybody!
I have the following problem: I have built a Swarm-simulation under Windows and I want to share it with someone who hasn´t installed Swarm on his computer (I think, he works on Unix). When I sent him the compiled prog, the simulation aborted with the message "objc.dll not found". So I think, some parts of the program  are hidden in the Swarm libraries somewhere on my machine but not in the program itself.
    So my question: How can I build a stand-alone program that I can share with others? Is it a special compile-command or is it even possibel, since Obj-C loads parts of the progs during run time?

Thanks a lot for Your help,
            Konrad
  ================================== Swarm-Support is for discussion of the technical details of the day to day usage of Swarm. For list administration needs (esp. [un]subscribing), please send a message to with "help" in the body of the message.