Sorry for that last one; Swarm installed smoothly for whole class

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Sorry for that last one; Swarm installed smoothly for whole class
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:00:03 -0600

I accidentally sent one aimed at Irene to swarm-support. Sorry.

On an up note, I have a good report.  I have a class of 9 students and
we are doing the "learn C, Obj-C, Swarm, and simulation in a single
whirlwind tour" kind of thing.
(http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/ps909)  Last week the assignment was
to read the first part of the Next Objc book and install Swarm.  During
class, I asked "who successfully installed swarm on their computers" and
every single hand went up.

It struck me there has been a lot of progress!  I think that, when Swarm
1.0 was announced, the success rate would have been 2 out of 10, if that
high.  Much of the work to make this possible goes on behind the scenes,
but it should not be overlooked.  Being able to approach the swarm build
as a standard GNU project (configure/make/make install) is a tremendous
boon.

Well done Swarm Team!

PS.  The students want to know why the .scm files have F0 after floating
point numbers, but nothing after integers.