Re: Java runtime error

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Java runtime error
Date: 16 Feb 2000 13:37:56 -0800

CS> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to locate native function:
CS> swarm/space/Discrete2dImpl.putValue$atX$Y(III)Ljava/lang/Object;

Maybe you are using a new Swarm DLL, but not a new swarm.jar?  (Or
maybe the 2.0.1-fixes directory didn't have them in sync?)  I tried
your code with my current build and it worked ok.  Anyway, I've
uploaded a current swarm.jar.gz file just in case.

CS> The first question is about the Java documentation.
CS> putValue$atX$Y is specified to have arguments (long v, int
CS> x, int y).  However, when I specify a long integer (e.g..
CS> 0L) rather than an int for the first argument the compiler
CS> chokes, and I note that jheatbugs also uses an int for the
CS> first argument.

In 2.0.1 C longs are converted into Java longs, but Java longs are
typically like long longs in C.  So we changed the interface (in recent
DLLs) to treat C longs like Java ints.  Thus my previous hypothesis.

CS> The second question relates to the sources.  I downloaded
CS> the Swarm source library, but don't see in it the Java
CS> interfaces.  Where can I find those?

There aren't distributed files of the Java interfaces or
implementation, if that's what you mean.  The implementations are
provided by (Objective C) Swarm, and the interfaces are generated
automatically by processing the Objective C protocol descriptions, e.g.
src/space/space.h.