Re: What classes are there in Swarm and where do "object creators" come

From: Fernando Diaz
Subject: Re: What classes are there in Swarm and where do "object creators" come from?
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:28:30 -0500 (EST)

On 17 Feb 2000, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

> Interfaces that support creation are listed in the protocol files as
> adopting the "CREATABLE" protocol.

I cannot decide whether this is a swarm or objc question but is there any
problem when we have something like SwarmObject protocol.  It is
"creatable" and implemented by SwarmObject class.  However, the
SwarmObject class interface does not explicitely say it adopts SwarmObject
protocol.  I think I tried

id so = [SwarmObject create: aZone];
[so conformsTo: @protocol(SwarmObject)];

and got FALSE. my memory is getting shoddy in my old age so i could be
wrong.  i don't think the runtime is that smart is it?

ps.  there is no "glue" (_objectbase_implement?) holding together
SwarmObject class and protocol as far as I could find.