Re: List Dropping

From: Doug Donalson
Subject: Re: List Dropping
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 14:46:21 -0800

All right, I'm compleatly confused.  I have a list that I can do all sorts
of manipulations with but it core dumps on getCount.  Here is the core code:

Mussel *temp,*aMussel;
id index;
id nullEvent=0;
int i,j;

    puts("dying");
    printf("I am %d %u\n",self->flag,neighborsList);
    fflush(stdout);
   index=[neighborsList begin: [self getZone]];
   while( (aMussel=[index next]) != NULL )
   {
        // [aMussel print];
         temp=[aMussel removeNeighbor: self];
         if( temp != self )
         {
            puts("ERROR: Remove Mussel On Death");
            printf("self=%u removed=%u flag=%d badBoy=%u\n",
                    self,temp,self->flag,aMussel->flag);
            getchar();
   [index drop];
  // j=[neighborsList getcount];
   // printf("count=%d\n",j);
   //  fflush(stdout);
   //  getchar();
   [neighborsList removeAll];
   [neighborsList drop];

This code runs through with the j=[neighborsList getcount]; commented out,
but core dumps on the message when it is included.  Does this make any sense
to you?

Signed,

   Clueless in Santa Barbara