remember that question about agents with separate, asynchronous schedul

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: remember that question about agents with separate, asynchronous schedules?
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 23:53:38 -0600

At Swarmfest, the starlogo demonstration showed a heatbug-sort of model
in which the agents went through their paces as fast as they could and
when an individual bug was done it would immediately start to step
again, even if the others were not finished with their step yet.

During the meeting, I wondered out loud to several people how that was
done, or how Swarm might do it, and I got varying answers from "that is
impossible" to "the activity library and schedules are intended to do
things like that."   I like answer number two best.

The only dynamic schedule examples I've seen are mousetrap and the
swarmfest-demo99 that Benedikt prepared.  From looking at them, I'm not
quite sure how I'd go about it.  To have time fine-grained enough to
allow agents to finish their work before others seems to require a whole
different kind of animal (as they say in texas).
--
Paul E. Johnson                         email: address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science              http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn