Re: override the -Werror?

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: override the -Werror?
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 06:45:25 -0800

Try setting EXTRAOBJCFLAGS+=-Wno-error

At 08:09 AM 3/31/00 -0500, you wrote:

What is the recommended way to do the un-recommended
action of turning off the "error on warning" flag?
I know how to add flags, eg, via

make EXTRAOBJCFLAGS+=-Whatever

but I don't know how to turn off a flag like -Werror .
I guess I could just replace the macro, rather than add to it,
and be sure to include all the flags from Makefile.common .
Is that the only way?

(Maybe the answer to this should be in the FAQ?
I couldn't find it there.)

thanks.

- r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Center for Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)
4477 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
http://www.pscs.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html

glen e. p. ropella =><= The front line is everywhere. Hail Eris!
Home: http://forager.swarm.com/~gepr              (505) 424-0448
Work: http://www.swarm.com                        (505) 995-0818