Re: Irene is moving on...

From: Miles Parker
Subject: Re: Irene is moving on...
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 13:45:50 -0400

I'd like to add my voice, and say I greatly appreciate the tangible and
intangible contributions Irene has made to Swarm and the agent modeling
community. Her generosity, open-heartedness and cheerfulness, not to mention
skillfulness and streadfastedness, has been inspiring, and it is certain, as
Chris said, that the community wouldn't be what it is without her.

Cheers Irene! May whatever you do next bring you great happiness.

>   To the Swarm community...
>
>    After several years of dedicated service to the Swarm project,
>most recently as the Prez/Exec of the SDG, Irene Lee is moving on
>to spend more time on her own career and personal interests.
>
>    As you may or may not have known, Irene was devoting a good
>deal of her time on a pro-bono basis (i.e. salary = 0) to manage
>the business/financial/membership/organizational side of the SDG.
>She successfully brought the Swarm project out of the SFI and
>created its new non-profit corporate existence, the SDG. She has
>played a critical role in managing the SwarmFests, seeking new
>funding, keeping existing funders happy, and encouraging new
>members to join.
>
>    Without Irene's incredible and dedicated contributions, there
>would be no SDG today, and probably no remaining organized central
>Swarm effort. We are all tremendously in debt to Irene's cheerful
>spirit of community and contribution - she will be sorely missed.
>
>    The SDG board of directors has met virtually to reshuffle the
>assignment of officers now that Irene has resigned. The new line up
>is as follows:
>
>     Prez:        Chris Langton
>     Exec:        Marcus Daniels
>     Veep:        Glen Ropella
>
>    The three of us will try to muddle through what Irene was able
>to accomplish so effortlessly.
>
>    Irene says:
>
>     I want to thank the community members for their participation
>and contributions toward making Swarm a success and I'd like to thank
>Chris, Glen, Marcus, and Alex for giving me the opportunity to be a part
>of the Swarm project.
>
>    And I says:
>
>    Thanks Irene! and good luck in whatever you choose to do from here.
>An entire community of Swarm Drones will miss you enormously...
>
>    Chris Langton

>   Swarm-Support is for discussion of the technical details of the day
>   to day usage of Swarm.  For list administration needs (esp.
>   [un]subscribing), please send a message to <address@hidden>
>   with "help" in the body of the message.

Miles T. Parker
Software Engineer
The Brookings Institution  1775 Mass. Ave. NW  Washington, DC  20036
http://www.brook.edu/es/dynamics/models/ascape
mailto:address@hidden  voice 202.797.6136  fax 202.797.6319