including "private" java packages

From: Charles Staelin
Subject: including "private" java packages
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 15:22:06 -0400

In working on the Java version of the Swarm tutorial, I've written several Java utilities that I'd like now to compile into a package.  I guess that I could put the resulting classes into a jar file and copy it to a directory in the classpath set by javacswarm, but I'd prefer to keep the utilities in the same tree as the tutorial programs.  That means setting the classpath in the Makefile to include them, but then it seems to override the classpath set by javacswarm.  What is the best way to handle this?

Charles

Charles Staelin
Professor of Economics
Smith College