UML

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: UML
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 10:58:44 +0200

        Hi all,

at CEF2000 (http://enginy.upf.es/SCE/index2.html) in Barcelona, from where I'm writing, we have two sessions about Swarm models, organized by Francesco Luna.

In the first one, who has been very nice, with a methodogical paper of Charlotte Bruun (her home page is http://www.socsci.auc.dk/~cbruun/) a question has been "why do not use UML formalism in Swarm models".

        (UML -> http://www.rational.com/uml/index.jtmpl).

In my opinion UML is a good tool to describe models as software structures (in an enterprise environment, for example); I'm not sure that this kind of formalism could be completely usefule where we have to develop, with our simulation models) not a 'world' but 'a metaphor of a world'.

        Opinions?

        Yours, Pietro