Re: Serialisation (saving) in Java

From: Marie-Edith Bissey
Subject: Re: Serialisation (saving) in Java
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:35:42 +0100 (WET DST)

On 14 Sep 2000, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

|MB> public class SimulationData        extends SwarmObjectImpl
|MB>  {
|MB>  int startBudget;
|
|Non-public variables like "startBudget" don't get saved.  Also, you
|may want to grab the current javaswarm.dll/swarm.jar from
|ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/binaries/w32/2.1.1-fixes, because there
|are some Java-related serialization fixes.

Dear Marcus Daniels,

Thank you for your help. I declared the variable startBudget as
public, and installed the fixes, but nothing changed much in the
program... Do you have some examples of the use of putShallow$Object
in javaSwarm? (I think that the object I pass to the method is not the
kind javaSwarm expects...)

Thank you again for you help,

Yours,

Marie-Edith.

Marie-Edith Bissey
Universita` del Piemonte Orientale "Amedeo Avogadro"
Facolta` di Science Politiche         email: address@hidden
Corso Borsalino 50                    tel: +39-0131-283749
15 100 Alessandria -- ITALIA          fax: +39-0131-263030
http://polis.unipmn.it/doc/bis/hp.htm