Re: Displaying Internal State

From: David Aliaga
Subject: Re: Displaying Internal State
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 21:49:37 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you very much
I was trying the example, and it works well.

The only question is this:

I Right-clicked on "Controller" and then clicked on
`createCanvas'.  Then clicked on `increment'.

Everything goes fine.

Then Lets suppose that I am not interested in this
displaying so I closed the canvas (click on X)

then again I am interested in the internal state so
again I clicked on "createCanvas"

But I got the following almost infinite message:
(Tcl -eval:) invalid command name
".w75025792.w75025744"
    while executing
"unknown_pre_tclObjc $name $args"
    (procedure "unknown" line 6)
    invoked from within
".w75025792.w75025744 delete 101"
while evaluating: .w75025792.w75025744 delete 101
(Tcl -eval:) invalid command name
".w75025792.w75025744"
    while executing
"unknown_pre_tclObjc $name $args"
    (procedure "unknown" line 6)
    invoked from within
".w75025792.w75025744 delete 102"
while evaluating: .w75025792.w75025744 delete 102
(Tcl -eval:) invalid command name
".w75025792.w75025744"
    while executing
"unknown_pre_tclObjc $name $args"
    (procedure "unknown" line 6)
    invoked from within
".w75025792.w75025744 delete 103"
while evaluating: .w75025792.w75025744 delete 103
......etc etc etc.

What is not working?

David

P.S.
just to test what is wrong, I made some changes also.
I put :

 if(canvas) [canvas drop];
in the first line of createCanvas
then I got a
      0 [main] PROBEDEMO2 1203 handle_exceptions:
Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLA
TION
   6434 [main] PROBEDEMO2 1203 stackdump: Dumping
stack trace to PROBEDEMO2.EXE.
stackdump
when I call the createCanvas after closing the first
canvas

Also I made another function
-(void)destroyCanvas
{
unsigned ri, ci;

  for (ri = 0; ri < ROWS; ri++)
    for (ci = 0; ci < COLS; ci++)
          [textItems[ri][ci] drop];
[canvas drop];
}

But if I call it I got the status acces violation and
if I click the X in the window first and then call
destroy Canvas I got the first very long message. Any
help? (because apart form that it seems a pretty way
to display the internal state)

David