Re: memory allocation

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: memory allocation
Date: 06 Nov 2000 07:28:22 -0800

KY> I have to drop many agents and create them each generation.  At
KY> this time, amount of memory gradually increases , and the program
KY> uses all memory ,and is destroyed at last.

You'll find the leak in a zone or in the multi-language directory.
To look at the former, you can use a call like:

  Globals.env.globalZone.xprint ();

(or xfprint)

To look at the directory, you can use:

  Globals.env.dumpDirectory ();

If the leak is in the latter, the easiest thing is usually to structure
the model so that objects in the population(s) are never literally handed
to Swarm calls.  If that's not feasible, contact me privately and we'll
work something out.