FArgumentsImpl broken in swarm.jar; jheatbugs can't compile

From: Tee Toth-Fejel
Subject: FArgumentsImpl broken in swarm.jar; jheatbugs can't compile
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 18:16:55 -0500

I found the source code without too much problem.  Constructors?
I only saw the argument that jHeatbugs makes to the constructor:

//G: Language tags (e.g. for use in FArguments)
externvar id <Symbol> LanguageCOM, LanguageJava, LanguageObjc;

I didn't find any constructor for FArgumentsImpl in that src/defobj/defobj.h

My problem is that the swarm.jar at the fixes directory contains a
FArgumentsImpl class that does not accept *any* 3rd argument, boolean or
swarm.defobj.Symbol.
All I want to do is recompile jHeatbugs without modifying it.

BTW, I get the same compile error using javac and javacswarm:
[//c/jheatbugs-2.1] $ javacswarm *java
Found 1 semantic error compiling "c:/jheatbugs-2.1/HeatbugModelSwarm.java":
   298.     new FArgumentsImpl (this, sel, Globals.env.LanguageJava)));
<------------------------------------------------------>
*** Error: No match was found for constructor
"FArgumentsImpl(HeatbugModelSwarm, swarm.Selector, swarm.defobj.Symbol)"

I'm not adept enough yet to build my own swarm.jar, nor have I figured out
yet how to change the source code that the Schedule.describeForEach depends
on so that I can handle two actions at the same time unit.  Because that is
what I *really* want to do.

Are you telling me that there is nothing wrong with the swarm.jar at the
ms32 fixes directory?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Tihamer "Tee" Toth-Fejel                    Member of Technical Staff
(734) 623-2544   address@hidden      http://www.erim.org/
Center for Electronic Commerce, Environmental Research Institute of Michigan