World does not recognize allocIVars:

From: Ken Gosier
Subject: World does not recognize allocIVars:
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 07:40:58 -0500

Possibly simple question about a run-time error that I'm getting:

When I try to run, I get the error message:

error: World (class)
World does not recognize allocIVars:
Abort (core dumped)

(World is what I'm calling my ModelSwarm btw.) I've stepped through the
program with gdb, and I always get this error on the call to:

world = [World createBegin: modelZone];

where modelZone is created by a call to Zone:create:. When I try to step
into this statement, rather than just execute it with next, I get a
series of error messages like:

Cannot find bounds of current function

(Also, just to include, I get repeated error messages saying this, after
a few initial steps, which I'm including at the end.) All the errors
seem to say that the model cannot find the World class for some reason.
I've checked all the obvious things, like making sure #import "World.h"
is included at the top of the file.

Many thanks for any help. This may turn out to be something quite
elementary--

Ken Gosier
address@hidden
address@hidden

44         world = [World createBegin: modelZone];
(gdb) s
objc_get_class (name=0x80545f4 "World")
    at /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/swarm-2.1.1/libobjc/class.c:130
130     /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/swarm-2.1.1/libobjc/class.c: No such file
or directory.
(gdb) s
132     in /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/swarm-2.1.1/libobjc/class.c
(gdb) s
warning: Cannot insert breakpoint 0:
Cannot access memory at address 0x0
(gdb) s