Re: Any one using Compaq(DEC) Tru64 UNIX?

From: W . Northcott
Subject: Re: Any one using Compaq(DEC) Tru64 UNIX?
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:51:43 +1000

I am getting the hang of gdb.   I got error #3

3.
*** event raised for error: InvalidArgument
*** function: nil_method(), file: internal.m, line: 1349
The message `putString:' was sent to nil.
*** execution terminating due to error
Symbol.m:173 -[Error(c) _raiseEvent:]

Cause of error:
AppendFileTest.m:24  attempts to create File.test without first checking
if it exists.  It did exist and was 400.
Consequently fopen() failed and outfile was a nil object.

Got to go now.  More in the morning.

Bill Northcott