Re: Compiling swarm on solaris-8

From: gert
Subject: Re: Compiling swarm on solaris-8
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 17:07:02 +0200 (CEST)

On  2 Apr, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
> GH> 0xf4b62de8 in swarm_lookup_module () at SwarmEnvironment.m:271
>
> You need to have Emacs 20 installed and the gperf program and in your
> PATH.  They are are available from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/{emacs,gperf}.
>
> I'd suggest you get today's 2001-04-02 snapshot and build that after
> making sure Emacs and gperf are available.  These tools are used to
> create the perfect-hash lookup that associates Java packages with
> Swarm modules, which is what is causing your crash.

I had both emacs and gperf installed and in my PATH.
After a version check it turned out that gperf was not the
newest release. Upgrading to gperf-2.7.2 did solve the problem.
It all seems to work now.

Thanks for the helpfull suggestions.

Gert

--
Gert Huisman                         fac. Exacte Wetenschappen (div. W&I)
email:     address@hidden             Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam