Re: Swarm demonstration

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Swarm demonstration
Date: 12 Jun 2001 10:46:51 -0600

KR> I've done a simulation as part of a university project, and
KR> have to demonstrate in the presentation. Is there any way to make
KR> the simulation into a stand-alone executable, so that I don't have
KR> to install the whole Swarm package on the machine on which I will
KR> do the demonstration? (It's in java, using some updates).

It wouldn't be easy.  You'd have to modify Swarm and supporting libraries.

What I'd suggest is to get a copy of Roxio DirectCD and populate
/Swarm-2.1.1/share and /Swarm-2.1.1/bin in the way that has been
described here before.  (Collecting all the dependent DLLs and tcl files, etc.)
Then burn a copy of that.  I've got code you can use for the autostart
program that sets up the environment in the right way...