Re: Action Groups in Agronomy Study of nursing cows

From: pauljohn
Subject: Re: Action Groups in Agronomy Study of nursing cows
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 08:39:20 -0500

ActionGroup is intended to collect actions that are supposed to happen
at the "same time" conceptually, or "close together in time", "one after
the other".. Example. Suppose a model has 10 actions at time 5. If I
want to make sure actions B,C,D,E,F happen "one after the other",  in
the same order, then I'll put them into a group and then schedule that
group. so the schedule might add action G, then the group, then A, then
H, and so forth.

By default, a schedule will execute actions in the order they are added
to the schedule. So if all  you want is to have things execute at a
given time in order, the schedule will handle that, in the typical
setup.  The action group is needed when you are concerned that other
actions might get thrown onto the schedule and get "between" the actions
you want grouped.

There is a way to randomize all actions that are scheduled at a given
time, but the default is sequential execution.