Re: Can I ask a Objective-C Class Question, please?

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Can I ask a Objective-C Class Question, please?
Date: 02 Aug 2001 11:27:14 -0600

PJ>  I had tried to use the Objective-C method "class" to do the same,
PJ> but it did not work because there was a runtime error indicating
PJ> that PaulCell did not implement +createBegin.

With a phase-switched class, there are different classes active
depending on whether the class is in Creating or Using phase.  If you
had the using phase when you want creating, you'd get that problem.

The solution is to make sure you are passing in the Creating phase.
If you create an object and then as for it via `class' you'll get
the Using phase.  I'm surprised that your PaulCell is phase-switched though.

Throwing around a lot of words to diagnose this isn't very efficient.
A compilable test case would help me understand your question.