Re: display problems

From: pauljohn
Subject: Re: display problems
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 13:34:11 -0500

Holger Perlt wrote:

> Hello,
>
> two small problems:
>
> 1. Inside the ObserverSwarm2 one has the foodDisplay and the bugDisplay
> methods.
> If one comments out the foodDisplay then the bugs are displayed with
> their trace history-
> not only the present position. I would like to cancel the food stuff but
> want to
> have only the present positions of the bugs (not their past ones).
> Somewhere in the
> foodDisplay the erasing must be?!

Yes, but you can put an erase method back into the schedul.

Incidentally, I have a project where I want to control the color
of the background and I schedule a call to this method before I
write the other stuff on there.:

-eraseRaster: (id) whichRaster
{
  // A method that overrides the default
  // black background for raster and paints
  // the raster white instead
  [whichRaster  fillRectangleX0: 0
                Y0: 0
                X1: [[modelSwarm getPolicySpace: 0] getSizeX]
                Y1:  [[modelSwarm getPolicySpace: 0] getSizeY]
                Color: 0];

  return self;

}

> 2. I have enlarged the problem by a second class Bugg. But now I get a
> run-time error

I'd say  you should use gdb to find out exactly where the seg
fault is happening, and work backwards. I can't see offhand from
your code snippit what is wrong.

Dept. of Political Science
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn