or, better yet, this about format of .scm files and lisp data input

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: or, better yet, this about format of .scm files and lisp data input
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:04:50 -0500

I realize after a private email I've got lisp and hdf5 stuff scattered
around in the Swarm faq, and I'll try to fix.  Until then, the
appropriate reference, which has been there all along, is this one:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/SwarmOnlineFaq.html#6.27,
"How can I Input Data Into a Simulation?"   the relevant part of which I
reprint here to reduce the level of idiocy I'm propogating.

2. Use Lisp Archiver to read in data.

Read More about it in this note Marcus Daniels sent:
http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/archive/list-archive.9909/0079.html

Heatbugs-2.0.1 uses Lisp Archiver, so look it over. Also, you can see
examples in the WorkingExampleCode section of the directory
in which you find this FAQ.

Many people run into "gotchas" because they do not correctly format the
numbers in the .scm file. For example:

the syntax for a float is #:myFloat 0.10F0
the syntax for a double is #:myDouble 0.10D0.
the syntax for a boolean is #:myBooleanVar #t"

See http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/r5rs_8.html#SEC58

Note that Booleans are #t and #f whereas signed chars have syntax like
#\001.