Re: Can I run my swarm application on a machine that has no swarm?

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Can I run my swarm application on a machine that has no swarm?
Date: 19 Sep 2001 10:00:23 -0600

BK> Is there a way that I can do it?  How can I make a self executable
BK> program?

The files in $SWARMHOME/share must be available as those paths, i.e.
the same install location.  However, the environment variable
SWARMHOME can be redefined to other paths and it should work.  Other than
that, it is necessary to link the executable static.  To do that,
use "make USESTATIC=yes" to link on Windows, and "make EXTRALDFLAGS=-static"
on Unix.

BK> I am using Swarm-1.4.1

Note that the instructions above are for Swarm 2.1.1; they may not
work with 1.4.1.