Re: Global random generator usage (java/Linux)

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Global random generator usage (java/Linux)
Date: 07 Dec 2001 10:41:36 -0700

BI> I wonder how I can use the global random generator with a
BI> Bernoulli Distribution.

BI> I also wonder how I can explicitly set the global random
BI> generator's initial seed to a certain value.  I want just one
BI> integer number to determine the whole run.

See below for an example.  For the latter, you can use the -S option with a
positive integer.

import swarm.Globals;
import swarm.random.BernoulliDist;
import swarm.random.BernoulliDistImpl;
import swarm.defobj.Zone;

public class BernoulliTest {
    public static void main (String args []) {
        Globals.env.initSwarm ("BernoulliTest", "0.0", "address@hidden",
                               args);
        Zone aZone = Globals.env.globalZone;

        // force a seed, even if -s or -S is set
        // Globals.env.randomGenerator.setStateFromSeed (2);

        BernoulliDist bernoulliDist =
            new BernoulliDistImpl (aZone, Globals.env.randomGenerator, .5);

        System.out.println (bernoulliDist.getIntegerSample ());