Reading Doubles with Lisp Archiver

From: Benjamin Inden
Subject: Reading Doubles with Lisp Archiver
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 07:55:55 +0100

Hi,
I wonder how to write doubles into an SCM file. In the Swarm Online FAQ,
'0.01D0' is recommended. However, my application as well as another test
application
I used set every variable written like this to 0.0 when they read it. Besides,
when I use the
Lisp Archiver to write a double, I get it like '0,010000D0'. But when I try to
re-read this,
I get an exception saying that the varible is not a string. So how can I format
doubles?
(I am using Java and swarm-2.1.118.20011115 RPM with SuSE Linux 7.3.)

Thanks,
Benjamin Inden
address@hidden