Re: System.out.println

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: Re: System.out.println
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 11:00:58 +0100

At 13.06 31/12/01 -0700, you wrote:

PT> Running my application (in W98) from cygwin bash shell no output
PT> appears; on the contrary, I have all the output lines if I run the app.
PT> from the Emacs shell. With Swarm 2.1.1 the terminal windows was producing
PT> the output lines.

Try using Globals.env.verboseMessage ("foobar").  This has the
advantage that cygwin stdout is used and further it can be silenced by
not using "-v" on the command line.  Also, I think it will work even
with the terminal if you used the Kaffe-based JVM.  Otherwise, just
use Emacs.  Something to investigate are the Cygwin tty settings.
(Look around in the Cygwin mailing list or FAQs.)
There may be a knob you can turn to get it to work as in Emacs.

Looking deeply, the problem appears only running a Swarm Java application with jdk: I paste below a sequence of lines in bash shell, related to the attached simple programs.

address@hidden TERNA c:/N_P_JAVA/first
$ jdkcswarm First.java

address@hidden TERNA c:/N_P_JAVA/first
$ jdkswarm First