Building Swarm 2.2 Pretest on Solaris

From: Jules X. Junker
Subject: Building Swarm 2.2 Pretest on Solaris
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:47:40 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to build the Swarm 2.2 pretest (from 12-18-2001) on a Solaris system which is configured as follows:

Solaris 2.6 or Solaris 2.7 (i.e. SunOS 5.6 or 5.7)
gcc version 3.0.3
gmake version 3.74
emacs version 20.7.1

When it goes into the src directory and using emacs in batch mode to generate the getters file essentially as follows:
    emacs -batch -l getters.elc -f generate-SwarmEnvironment-getters

I get the following error:

    Buffer is read-only: #<buffer activity.h>

I check for activity.h and it is 666 (rw-rw-rw-).

Can anyone help me with this.

In fact if anyone has a set of notes on how to build Swarm on Solaris I would greatly appreciate that.

I apologize that I cannot cut and paste the actual output from the make since it is done on a system which is not connected to this network.

Thanks in advance,

Jules Junker