Re: Building Swarm, which gcc, which Swarm snapshot, etc. (was Re:

From: Marcello Gallucci
Subject: Re: Building Swarm, which gcc, which Swarm snapshot, etc. (was Re:
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 18:57:30 +0100

Hi,
thanks a lot for the replies (Paul and Marcus). I'm  following one of the many
Paul's suggestions (I did not get Marcus's at that time). So I used
gcc3.0.1., without patching (I'm don't know how)  but with  interface.el
modifications. I'd like that because I can get rid of gcc 2.96 (which caused me
other problems swarm-independent)  and use 3.0.1. For reasons too long to
explain (I'm not licenced to be verbose :-)), I could not use the
binaries.

Now the problem is that the compiler gives several errors when it builds in
java directory. The first one is:

Discrete2d.java:8: error:Cannot find type "swarm/objectbase/SwarmObject"
make[2]: *** [Discrete2d.class] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/tar/swarm/swarm-2002-02-06/java/swarm/space'
make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tar/swarm/swarm-2002-02-06/java/swarm'
make: *** [all-stubs] Error 2

Can I build without java (I use objc anyway) ? I've tried --disable-jar, but
nothing changes.

thanks
marcello

--