Re: gcc3.0.1, swarm-2002-01-31

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: gcc3.0.1, swarm-2002-01-31
Date: 03 Mar 2002 12:47:18 -0700

MG> /usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol
MG> `__objc_class_name_SwarmObject' are not defined /usr/bin/ld:

MG>  Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.  0x00000001
MG> in ?? () (gdb) bt #0 0x00000001 in ?? () #1 0x4027c024 in
MG> CreateBusy () from /usr/lib/libBLT24.so #2 0x4027c1cf in HoldBusy

These should not be related.  I'm not sure of the exact mechanism of
the failure, but I'm pretty sure it is caused by compiling BLT against
old Tcl/Tk headers, or some kind of Tcl/Tk/BLT version mismatch. I'd
suggest replacing these packages with the latest RPMs or whatever and
if that doesn't work, doing a from-source install of the latest BLT.

The first problem is non-fatal but fixable with a compiler patch that
you can find in the swarm-support archives.