Re: Compiling on Solaris 8

From: gert
Subject: Re: Compiling on Solaris 8
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:26:50 +0100 (CET)

On 19 Mar, Gary Polhill wrote:
> This problem reminds me of one that was fixed by installing GNU sed --
> the Solaris sed garbles up some of the files created during Swarm
> compilation. (See
> http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/archive/list-archive.0108/0061.html)
>
> I have attached a document summarizing the steps I took in compiling
> swarm-2001-12-18 on a Solaris 8 system. The result is not quite
> perfect (there's some problem displaying the axes on EZGraphs), but it
> does work...
>
> Gary

Yes you are right, the problem was fixed after installing the GNU
version of sed. Marcus suggested this yesterday and with this sed
the built completed without futher errors. It seems to work now.

Thank for the help.

Gert

--
Gert Huisman                         fac. Exacte Wetenschappen (div. W&I)
email:     address@hidden             Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam