Re: java question about swarm

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: java question about swarm
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 08:25:27 -0600

Dear Dylan:

Since banknet is one of the ones that requires the graph library, and as
far as I know there is no java support for graph library, it appears you
are in for some adventure. Canvas is a common term in graphical
programming, and what you need is a set of Canvas/widget tools with
which you can draw the banks.  As soon as you get the graph library and
install it and build banknet in objective-c, you will see the role of
the canvas. It sits there, showing arcs between the banks, and you can
move them about.  About 6 months ago I made a pretty serious run at
learning the GUI in Java and I don't recall it was too impossible to
work with.  I had a "raster" thing where colors and words could be
written.  But I don't have anything like the canvas of banknet.

In the future, please join the email list swarm-support and address your
questions there, so that other people besides me will see them and
contribute some help. Send an email to:

address@hidden
And the message inside that email should be:
subscribe swarm-support

This will subscribe you to swarm-announce as well, and you can also
separately join swarm-modelling.

If you are going to do a lot of Swarm work, I'd encourage you to join
the Swarm Development Group. You can learn all about it, and the email
lists if you need more info, at http://www.swarm.org.

dylan zhu wrote:

> dear Paul,
>
> i am a student from China ,and i have some questions about swarm,
i have translate the model of "banknet"in oc to java,
but i encounter some problem ,
i cannot find the class of "tclobjc"&"tkobjc"
and i see there is a class named"canvas"in ur page:swarm.gui.canvas
but i cannot find it in my own swarm class ,
could u mind tell me something about these questions,
and eargly for ur reply soon.

thx alot ......