Re: removing elements while looping with an index, and return values fro

From: Ken Gosier
Subject: Re: removing elements while looping with an index, and return values from Set add
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 06:49:35 -0800 (PST)

--- Paul Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Well, maybe I can.  Am I right in guessing that your
> pseudo code like so:
>       if (  condition[i]  )
> is in the actual program something more elaborate, like
>
>        if (condition[i]== [thisElem getValue])

It is pretty much like this, except that the conditions are
not mutually exclusive. That is, in oldList, you have 3
types of elements:
- Those that satisfy condition[0]
- Those that satisfy condition[1]
- Those that satisfy neither.

Basically, the problem is that the elements that satisfy
condition[0] will get removed. Then when I'm looping to
find those that satisfy condition[1], the index falls off
the end of the List.

=====
Ken Gosier
address@hidden