Re: gcc3.1-1036 compiler problem

From: Devang Patel
Subject: Re: gcc3.1-1036 compiler problem
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 09:57:32 -0800

On Monday, April 1, 2002, at 04:19  AM, address@hidden wrote:

As a last thought, what is -precomp-trustfile?  I can't find it in the
compiler documentation.

Anyway, it is a feature only used by Project Builder. Project Builder uses it to keep a list of validated precomps. If a precomp is listed in trust-file then compiler skips validation tests and use it directly. If precomps are not used in your project then Project Builder should not supply this argument, because
it is useless.

User is not suppose to use this compiler option directly. Project Builder adds this option with appropriate parameters. If it is supplying two arguments
(instead of one) then it can be a bug in Project Builder. Please file
appropriate bug report, if that is the case.

For that matter I can't find -cpp-precomp either.
 I got that from the readme and this mail list.

-cpp-precomp :
Use Apple's own preprocessor, which supports precompiled headers.
(It is used by default for C and Objective C)

-no-cpp-precomp :
Do not use Apple's own preprocessor. Use standard GNU preprocessor.

More documentation is available at
- /DeveloperTools/Preprocessor/PreprocessorTOC.html from Apple ADC website.
- on your disk (if you have installed Developer Tools) at
  /Developer/Documentation/DeveloperTools/Preprocessor
Documentation mentions -traditional-cpp, which is identical to -no-cpp-precomp.
Use of -no-cpp-precomp is recommended. We plan to change meaning of
-traditional-cpp, because it carries different meaning in outside GNU world.

Devang Patel
compiler group
Apple Computer, Inc