EZGraph substitute for Java

From: Alexander,J
Subject: EZGraph substitute for Java
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:07:03 +0100

As I understand it, the Java interface for Swarm provides a Java wrapper around
the underlying
Objective-C based code.  (I suspect there's much more to it than this, but is
this right, at least as a first approximation?)  If this is correct, then is it
also right that EZGraph, EZHistogram, and so on cannot be used as independent
Java applets?

I ask because I've started to write some models in pure Java for embedding in
web pages, and I cannot find any freely available classes or jars that provide
the functionality of EZGraph, EZHistogram, and so on.  The graphing libraries
I've found tend to be expensive or limited (i.e., they read data from a file
and cannot be updated dynamically like EZGraph and kin).  Does anyone know of
any Java applets that would provide functionality similar to EZGraph?

Cheers,

Jason

<<winmail.dat>>