Probe macro problems in XP?

From: Orian Marx
Subject: Probe macro problems in XP?
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:02:05 -0400

Hello,

I seem to be experiences some problem trying to develop a Swarm simulation
in Windows XP. I dont really see what it would have to do with the OS, but
right now that seems to be the only explanation. I am coding in Objective-C
and using make through the Swarm terminal provided in the windows based
swarm-2.1.1 installation. The problem is with the macros for creating
default probe
displays:

CREATE_ARCHIVED_PROBE_DISPLAY (modelSwarm);
CREATE_ARCHIVED_PROBE_DISPLAY (self);

These macros give me a Status_Access_Violation when I attempt to run the
.exe, though obviously it compiles successfully. This is the case with both
my code and in testing other code like heatbugs. I brought this in to my
professor at the University of Michigan, and it runs without problem on his
Linux box. I seem to recall this also working fine when I was attempting to
run the .exe files for other apps when operating in Windows 98. Is this an
OS problem or some other kind of problem? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Orian Marx