Re: Rough Update and Question

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: Rough Update and Question
Date: 11 Oct 2002 06:21:38 -0700

DC> I've been playing with getting it installed and running (the
DC> configure file for MacOS X doesn't like where I've stuck things
DC> and won't accept me telling it where I have them), along with some
DC> of the source code.  I need to set up a Linux box so that I can
DC> get it installed there, but that's further down the road.

You won't be able to get Swarm running under MacOS X with the current
codebase due to some tricky low-level runtime issues w.r.t. MacOS
X/GCC/ObjC/GNUStep toolchain.  There is an active porting project, led
by Bill Northcott (check the archives over the last two months for the
discussion), see also our savannah development site task group:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/pm/task.php?group_project_id=495&group=swarm&func=browse

GNU/Linux is the better option right now...

A.
--
      Alex Lancaster |  Swarm Development Group  |  http://www.swarm.org