avcall

From: Marc-Antoine Parent
Subject: avcall
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:31:45 -0500

I thought again about some of what I said about avcall: I have to take back the last claim. Changing the avcall library without relinking cannot change anything as Alex's library is static! But I re-tried to build without avcall, or with various versions of avcall, and I stand by my other claims: Even now, no library but libavcall.la contains ___builtin_avcall in any shape or form that can be seen by nm;
Trying to link any swarm executable unless libavcall is available;
building avcall using the CVS-fresh FSF gcc 3.3 creates a corrupt avcall that does not pass its own tests; Linking with an avcall built using the Apple gcc (december) allows self-test success but makes crashing swarm executables;
Linking with Alex' avcall (made statically with gcc3.2.1) works.
Now, I wonder about one thing: Could the keyword here be statically? No, I just tried compiling libavcall statically (w/o -fPIC) (in gcc 3.3) and it still fails self-tests. Oh, well...

MAP