configure script

From: Willi Richert
Subject: configure script
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:35:09 +0100

Hi,

now I am trying to configure swarm by myself. And, although I am no configure
wizard, I found that there are dozenes of errors in configure.

1) tcl8.3 exists, but it asks me to specify it using --with-tcl-dir or
--with-tcl-includedir. When I do, it still doesn't work. I have to link
/usr/lib/tcl to /usr/lib/tcl8.3.

2) Then there is the next error: init.tcl is not found. This time linking
/usr/lib/tcl to /usr/lib/tcl8.3 does NOT work. Only specifying
--with-tcl-scriptdir

3) The same for Tk.

4) Why is only Tcl/Tk <= 8.3 allowed? What about 8.4 shipped with all
SuSE-Distros?

I mean those are all standard paths! Why do we have to specify them?

Why? Somewhere I've read that swarm is nearly 10 years old now. I thought it
was mature, but if the usage of it is as buggy as installation I have to look
for another package.

wr
--
.(sic!)nature