Re: [Swarm-Support] EZGraph and sequences

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] EZGraph and sequences
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 08:57:25 -0600

Yes, this can be done.

When a sequence is inserted, swarm returns an object you can remember and then drop when you no longer want to plot that line. To add an additional object to the graph, just do it! I mean, send the graph object a command to add that object.

Here's what I mean. In my ObserverSwarm, I have an EZgraph object "membershipGraph". I have these 2 methods

- createMembershipSequence: (id)placeholder
{
  id sequence;
  char sequenceName[10];
  sprintf(sequenceName,"Org. %d",[placeholder getGrpNumber]);
  sequence= [membershipGraph createSequence: sequenceName
                            withFeedFrom: placeholder
                            andSelector: M(getMembershipLevel)];
  return sequence;
}

- dropMembershipSequence: (id)placeholder
{
  [membershipGraph dropSequence:  placeholder];
  return self;
}

Whenever I want to add an object to the graph, that createMembershipSequence method gets called, either from that class or another one. This happens to be from another one, one which already knows where the "observerSwarm" is:

id aSequence = [observerSwarm createMembershipSequence: recruiter]

and if you don't want to plot an agent anymore:

   [observerSwarm dropMembershipSequence: aSequence];

It works, I'm sorry I dont have a small working example to give you, but there is enough code for you to figger it out, I think

pj

Michael Carney wrote:
Hi all,

Just a quick question. Is it possible to create a sequence with EZGraph while the model is running i.e. can you insert a new line on your graph at time n.

At the moment I have a graph that gets the value of an attribute at each time step, from a List of agents. While the model runs the list occasionally gets larger and I'd like to show the value of the attribute in the new agent that has joined.

I'm using Swarm-2.1.1 in java.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Michael Carney
TCD, Dublin, Ireland