[Swarm-Support] big CVS repository machinations...

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: [Swarm-Support] big CVS repository machinations...
Date: 06 Feb 2003 19:37:54 -0800

To the collectively evolving...

I've been rearranging and updating the CVS repository Savannah.

(By the way: this *won't* affect those who have checkouts of the main
Swarm module "swarm".)

However, for those who have checked out jtutorial, to get further
updates you will need to re-check it out in it's new location.  If you
are not a developer, then check it using anonymous CVS:

cvs -d cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/swarm co apps/java/jtutorial

For developers this would be:
export CVS_RSH=ssh

cvs -z3 -d<developername>@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/swarm co
apps/java/jtutorial

More details are at:

 http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=swarm

I have also taken this opportunity to migrate a subset of apps, docs
and packaging scripts, that used to reside on our old SFI CVS
repository (our dirty laundry... ;-) to the  Savannah CVS system in
the hope that with exposure to the light, we may be able to cleanup
some of this laundry... ;-)

You can browse all these goodies at:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/swarm/

For users, these represent the bleeding edge of all these packages, so
don't be surprised if they die, kill your hard disk or whatever.

All current Swarm developers with write access to the old SFI
repository (you know who you are! ;-)) with any current checkouts of
these packages should immediately switch from the old repository and
commit any changes to the new repository.

A quick roadmap:

packaging/        <- packaging scripts, RPM spec files etc some v. old
         /debian  <- for Debian GNU/Linux, v. old, would be nice for
                     a Debian person to fix
         /redhat  <- for Red Hat Linux, v. old, should be updated with
                     Paul Johnson's current ones'
         /solaris <- again very old

apps/               <- Swarm applications
    /objc           <- Objective C apps
         /mousetrap <- the "classic" Obj-C apps
         /heatbugs
    /java
         /jtutorial  <- Java version of ObjC tutorial
         /jheatbugs  <- Java translations of the "classic" apps
         /jmousetrap
         /SDG        <- newer tutorial

docs/           <- Swarm documentation, this is the XML source from
                   which all the ref guides etc. are generated
    /swarmdocs  <- ObjC guide, with Javadoc conversion
    /swarmguide <- Swarm User Guide - in need of some TLC!

This is not the complete list of all modules that exist in the
repository, so if a CVS version your favourite app is not there,
please let us (the Swarm Savannah developers) know by e-mailing
address@hidden, and we can discuss whether we can migrate
it.

[Currently, the apps and utitilities that I have migrated were the
one's SDG has the copyright (C) for, other apps may have more
ambiguous legal status, and/or, we may want to consider whether it's
worth continuing on their existence... ;-)]

Enjoy!

Alex
--
      Alex Lancaster |  Swarm Development Group  |  http://www.swarm.org