[Swarm-Support] I made step-by-step RedHat install/test instructions

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: [Swarm-Support] I made step-by-step RedHat install/test instructions
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 16:53:28 -0600

On Thursday, a user asked me to write down every little step to install Swarm and I said I did not have time. Well, I made time today!

On Friday, I got to playing around with glibc and gtk+ and pretty much screwed my whole / partition, so I reformatted that and reinstalled RedHat 8.0. After doing the usual system cleanup and removal of irritaiting packages (you know who you are!), I opened up Emacs, started a shell, and made a record of all the steps I had taken to install Swarm

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/Memos/step-by-step-Swarm-RedHat8.0.txt

In case you are a lucky one who handles system administration, then this is not important to you. But maybe you will better appreciate your administrators in the future if you look and see how they suffer.

Note, I did not have to rebuild Swarm, since I did that before and posted the RPMS for it. But I did have to download, install, and test.