Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm Tutorial Upgrade: Who wants to help ??? (was R

From: gepr
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm Tutorial Upgrade: Who wants to help ??? (was Re: [Swarm-Support] swarmapps-2.1.1
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:27:53 -0800

Paul E Johnson writes:
 > I'm seriously thinking we should remove the market model from swarmapps,
 > since I've never understood what good it is. In its place, I'd like to
 > put the santa fe Artificial Stock Market 2.1.

I don't think we should delete the simple market model.  It is a
simple demonstration of the impact of "perfect information" and
why many definitions of "complexity" require imperfect information.

Simple examples of this point are hard to come by.... especially with
the number of windbags that talk about "complexity".

But, adding the artificial stock market to swarmapps is a good idea.

 > I don't know if there is a better venue than swarm support for this
 > discussion, but I will be glad if somebody who knows better would
 > forward this mail to it.

Swarm-hackers is the only other relevant place.  But, I suspect that's
more for things like libtool finesse.

--
glen e. p. ropella              =><=                           Hail Eris!
H: 503.630.4505                              http://www.ropella.net/~gepr