[Swarm-Support] Re: Where to find terminal in Swarm-2.1 binary dist on W

From: amores nolikeyjunk
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Re: Where to find terminal in Swarm-2.1 binary dist on Windows ?
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 04:08:30 +0000

I think I have found the bug in the Swarm 2.1 binary release
for Windows that had me stumped. I think it only affects
users on NT, 2000, and XP.

Following the usual installation procedures under the NT/2000/XP
family, I had arranged for an Administrator to install the program.

I have had it checked, and it turns out that the 2.1 binary did
install a program group, but only under the Administrator's account,
so it is not available to me, the user.

However, I now have the information as to what the "terminal"
item in the group actually does. Apparently it invokes the
swarm bin/bash.exe with a -login flag, so presumably I should be
able to create a shortcut for my account to do the same thing.

I don't know if a workaround would have been to run the
install as myself; many install programs will not work
correctly unless run as Administrator, but I don't know
about the Swarm 2.1 binary. I could test it on a new Windows 2000
machine if the information is desirable ?

Cordially,

Perry