Re: [Swarm-Support] Re: Where to find terminal in Swarm-2.1 binary dist

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Re: Where to find terminal in Swarm-2.1 binary dist on Windo
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 19:01:04 -0500

Yes, it is true that Swarm-2.1.1 may play with your mount points. But you can undo it. I think, if I were you, I would make my mount points the way Cygwin wants, and then the only environment thing that is vital is that Swarm-2.1.1\bin is in your PATH ahead of the Cygwin stuff. As I recall, in the newer Cygwin, they have the shell configured so you can't run the cygwin terminal without having Cygwin\bin in the front of the path. The way I got over that was by revising bash_profile as recommended by Pietro Terna. You can check his bash and profile, I kept copies here

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/Memos

I think to put the mounts back the way cygwin wants them, you should open a cygwin terminal (if you can) and remove all the mounts. I think there's a command to do that, perhaps umount -A or some such. Then rerun the cygwin install and it will put the mouts back the way it wants.

good luck

I don't know much windows, but just telling what I recall.